Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Math

I would like to take a survey:
How many people have prayed for the opportunity to do math?
Yeah, that's what I thought, no one. I'm pretty sure no one ever prays for more math. But, that's exactly what I did Monday night.

The students who did not pass their math exams in December have the opportunity to retake the exams this week so they can officially graduate. Since procrastination is the name of the game here they are all panicking. Several girls have come to me for help. The problem is that the only time they could come were the afternoons when I am crazy busy with my other classes. They had come to me knowing I would help them but it turned out I couldn't. I was too busy and this upset me. The States is the place to be too busy, not here in Africa.

So, Monday night I prayed that there would be an opportunity to tutor these students. Yes, an opportunity to do geometry, algebra and trig!

There is construction happening at Kuyasa which is causing some additional chaos. It got to a point today that we could not hold our first session of classes. I wasn't going to have anything to do when a girl walked into the Learning Center wondering if I had time today to help her. And I did! When I was done helping her another girl walked in needing some help and wondering if I had time. And I did! Her work schedule was rearranged this week and she has tomorrow morning free so we're going to do 3-4 hard core hours of studying in the morning, also.

My busy schedule melted away when I needed it to.

It was a plain, simple and obvious answer to prayer. I serve a very cool God!

No comments:

Post a Comment