Friday, February 5, 2010

Partnership

Hello once again!

This isn't how I would prefer to have this conversation but I have found myself with a problem. All of my financing was in progress before I left. It was not completely finalized but I was reassured that it would be. However, some problems arose and I no longer have any funding. I am continuing on with my ministries, trusting that my God will come through and I firmly believe I am supposed to be here. As you can tell from my other posts, I have fallen in love with the beauty of God's creation I am so fortunate to be in the middle of and have formed some really great relationships with kids and students. I ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with me by supporting me financially so I can keep my 5 month commitment in Cape Town.

There are several stories in my other postings but here are two other experiences that have touched me so far...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have always felt God's presence when out in His creation. The intricacies and unbelievable details and care He fashioned into this world are breath-taking. Cape Town is one of, if not the most, beautiful places on earth where God's handiwork is on display. The wonderfully blue sea is surrounded by exquisite landscapes of mountains with vineyards rolling through the valleys. I can not fully express the phenomenon I get to look at everyday! The first week I was here I went up to Gordon's Bay Dam with some Pneumatix staff. It is up in the mountains overlooking the sea and all of Cape Town. The storm was rolling in over the mountains and it was a privilege to witness!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As part of Kuyasa's Learning Center ministry, school supplies are passed out so the kids who normally won't have supplies have something to take to school. One girl who came was obviously from a struggling home. Her clothes were too small and she was very skinny. She later told us she lives with her sister and her parents are not around. Kayamandi is a poor place to begin with and her situation is made worse with an unstable home life. After the mass of kids getting school supplies left, we asked her to stay for a few minutes. I went to retrieve some bags of clothes and we were able to find several outfits for this student and she was so excited about it! Later, another staff member told us this student had come running down to her to show off her new wardrobe with exclamations of joy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a deep ache in my heart for these kids. They get me out of bed in the morning with excitement to face the world. The blessings in my life are overflowing! It is much more that I deserve but I promise you I will do my best to glorify God while I am here.

So, please consider supporting my ministry. I will need aboiut $15,000 to cover my flights, room, food, transport and personal supplies for the 5 months. It's more than supporting my basic needs. It's allowing me to use my God given gifts to, hopefully, impact a couple kids' lives and change my life forever.

Please make checks payable to me and mail them to my parents' house:
Ann & Scott Kuiper
5863 Chandra
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
They will deposit everything directly into my account.

Please feel free to email (nora.kuiper@gmail.com) or facebook me with any questions. Or just to say hi :)

I want to reassure you I am having a great time despite this issue. I also sent out an email with this information and my parents are sending it through the mail. Please do not feel like you are being bombarded because that is not my intention. I am purely trying to reach as many people as possible.

Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement! It means a lot to me!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment