Friday, April 9, 2010

Visa

It was a long and frustrating battle but I have come out victorious with my visa extended! Whew, praise the Lord! Thank you for all of the prayers in regards to this. Although it may have been fun to refer to myself as an illegal alien, I think I prefer knowing that they can't use this as an excuse to throw me in jail.

When I phoned Home Affairs for the billionth time this morning they said they didn't have it so I decided to go there anyway and not leave without it. I was fully prepared to dig deep and find the aggressive and obnoxious American that, to some extent, lives deep inside all of us. When I got to Home Affairs there was no queue (a miracle in itself) so I walked up to the counter ready for battle, handed over my paper and was told to wait for a few minutes. I decided to hold back the aggression for when they told me they wouldn't extend it but in about 10 minutes they walked out with my visa...they had it the whole time! Everyone's theory seems to be that they were just trying to screw me over since I'm American...not so nice but, in the end, I won and that's all that matters :)

Thanks for the prayers and rest assured that I am legally allowed to be here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment