Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Little Terror

Imagine this:

4 years old
Stands at a height just above my knees
No more than 20 lbs
Naughtiest little guy ever!!

I affectionately call him Little Terror. He is tiny but he gets himself into trouble better than anyone. He stands on the tables, runs around screaming, uses the side of the building as a toilet and basically finds as much mischief as possible! The problem is he's cute. He's adorable and he knows it.

Despite his mischievousness I love him to death. Little Terror loves his life and he loves every single thing he does. He has the biggest smile ever. He laughs, sings and dances constantly!

On occasion he does something to melt my heart...

A few weeks ago we had visitors from Brazil. They were energetic but also really loud and overwhelming. The entire time Little Terror stood next to me with his arms wrapped around my leg and his thumb in his mouth taking in everything that was going on.
----
The sun decided to break through the clouds and the rain stopped so we took all the kids outside to play instead of have classes. The girls were sitting nicely in a big circle singing and dancing and the boys were across the way climbing trees and wrestling. I was on boy patrol and when I was watching to make sure no one got seriously injured Little Terror came up to me and started walking figure eights around and through my legs. The entire time he was squealing with laughter. I looked down, asked what he was doing and he looked up and just giggled.
----
It was Day 2 of sun shining and while I was standing out soaking up all the Vitamin D I could get, Little Terror ran over and fell into a sort of head stand kicking his legs up at me. I grabbed his legs and pulled all 20 lbs of him up into the air. He screamed with excitement and joy as he was flying through the air.

Little Terror finds joy in absolutely everything he does and I've been able to take on his attitude. Every time I see him I try to pause and notice the things going on around me. Through this my God has clothed me with joy.

In Psalm 4 David says, "You have filled my life with greater joy than when new grain and wine abound."

These words echo the laughter of my heart. 5 months of being filled with this great joy is life changing. As my time here winds down I have a huge smile on my face because I know my God has blessed me with Little Terrors and has opened my eyes to see life in a new and better way. Life is new and exciting. Life is full of adventure and wonder. Life is joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment